Friday, January 27, 2012

How big does a rose hair tarantula have to be before I can put her in a regular aquarium?

I got a baby rose hair tarantula about 2 months ago and she was no bigger than the tip of my finger and now she is about a half a inch around and what I wanna know how big do they have to be before you can put them in a regular aquarium
How big does a rose hair tarantula have to be before I can put her in a regular aquarium?
Tarantulas don't need alot of room and do better in small enclosures. I have an adult female rose hair which I've had for at least 6 years and she's in a 5 gallon aquarium, which gives her plenty of room. Babies I keep in very small containers. This makes it easier to catch food. A breeder told me to keep babies in small containers like small deli cups and move them to something bigger when they are half the length of the container. So I would recommend keeping yours in something much smaller than an aquarium for a while.
Reply:out tarantulas live in a 2.5 gallon aquarium, i wouldnt put the baby in a tank yet, it would too hard to find it, i'd wait till it got bigger
  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment