Monday, January 30, 2012

Should I fertilize my hybrid tea rose?

I planted a hybrid tea rose in a pot about a month ago. I used some Miracle Gro potting soil. Now my hybrid tea has been doing pretty good, its grown nice tall stems and buds have formed, but I am wondering if I should add some fertilizer or plant food. The Miracle Gro soil said it feeds plants for 3 months? Should I wait 3 months before feeding with something else or should I go ahead and add some fertilizer anyway?



Thanks!
Should I fertilize my hybrid tea rose?
Do not fertilize until the proper time. Over fertilizing will kill some plants. So be safe and do as the directions suggested.
Reply:Hi,



My suggestion is to continue to feed it with 3 month Osmocote and also feed it with the foliage spray once a month of Miracle-Gro. This will give you the double dose of fertilizer to establish a long term and a monthly feeding program for your Hybrid Teas.



Don't forget the critter check, once a month. If you see problems...treat immediately.



For more information check out my website at

www.dagardenguy.com



Regards,



Walt

www.dagardenguy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment