Friday, January 27, 2012

How do you get a Rose bush to come back the next year?

I live in Upstate, NY, Zone 4. I also need to know what kind of rose to get.
How do you get a Rose bush to come back the next year?
I moved in a house with a few roses. They were being eaten severely. I cut them back twice and doused them with bug killer. They came back on their own this year. These are climbing roses and they take 2 years to flower. I should have flowers this year on the new growth that comes in the spring.



Step 1. Prune back to the ground

Step 2. Wait

Step 3. When buying new roses, buy local from a nursery. We've been very happy with all the plants we've bought from two local nurseries and they are hardy upstate NY plants.
Reply:go to the library and get a book on taking care of roses,

it involves cutting them back at a certain time of the year and using special fertilizers.



I was going to say to you..say PLEASE !

but decided to tell you to go get the book.

good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment