Friday, January 27, 2012

Pointers for starting a rose trellis?

I want to put a climbing rose trellis on the side of my house. I won't get direct sun until midday as it needs to go on the west side. What species of rose are best (in Kentucky)? What else do I need to know?
Pointers for starting a rose trellis?
That sounds lovely! Try the links below for more information, but my immediate thought was the Rosa banksiae 'Lutea'-Lady Banks' rose. It is a thornless, climbing rose that has shown excellent black spot disease resistance. (http://www.magnoliagardensnursery.com/pr...

Happy Gardening!
Reply:call or visit your local AG extension agent, they have a lot of useful information on what species do best in your area as well as how to fertilize, and treat for diseases, insects and fungi

No comments:

Post a Comment