Monday, February 13, 2012

What kinds of flowering perennials can I plant in a new garden with 4 double knockout rose bushes?

I am putting in a new border garden in my yard this weekend. I have 4 double knock out roses bushes that I am putting in there--but I have allowed lots of space for the bushes to spread. I would like to add some other perennials that would complement the roses. What can you suggest? I am in Zone 5 and the location is in full sun. I would like something that does not require a lot of care--
What kinds of flowering perennials can I plant in a new garden with 4 double knockout rose bushes?
Which color? The original knockout is kind of raspberry colored. So is the pink. The blush is true pink.



A row of white alyssum in the front edge looks great with knockouts.



If you have the raspberry shades, go with blues and whites, such as blue salvia or veronica.



The new northern crape myrtle Hopi is an exact match to Blush.
Reply:Yellow Stella de Oro daylily would look great with the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment